Friday, April 27, 2012

18 Miles on the Accotink Trial


Today I did 19 miles on the trail. There were lots of older people on the trail this afternoon. One particular person stands out in my mind. This gentleman was were a wide brimmed hat and walking with a cane. He was saying something as i ran past at a moderate pace. I had my head phones in so I really cant be sure what he was saying, but I thought (in my mind) he was saying "Have a Great Run". He could have been saying "watch out for the Great Fairfax Grizzly", or "Help, my pace make stopped". Neither of which seems to been acurate, as he was still walking fine when I looked back and I did not run into any bears. So I'm just going to go with the former of him wishing me well on  my journey.

It turned out to be a great run! It was a bit colder than what I liked. Too cold for summer gear and to warm for cold weather gear. "Suck it up and drive on", that was the motto for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment